flying through life with my hair on fire...i am a planet called mom, with four moons in my orbit.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Finally

I found out on Friday that I didn't get the job I wanted. I was bummed. The person hiring, however, went on to tell me that the decision wasn't an easy one, and that she was impressed with me personally. She asked if I'd be interested in interviewing for a different position within the school--Administrative Assistant to the Director of Admissions. Basically, none of the stuff I enjoy doing. Not a creative position.
I said yes, I'm interested. And I am, for the following reasons:
1. The tuition benefit for school employees is phenomenal. Without working there, my kids wouldn't be able to attend (nearly 15k per year).
2. I suspect that this would be more of a straight 40 hour/week position, thus lending me more time and less stress for the kids and my own creative pursuits (the other position would have likely required a lot of extra time).
3. It's a regular paycheck with benefits.

So, I hope to hear about an interview, and was told that this position would start soon. School is just around the corner, after all.

Here's hoping.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Maven said...

I'm sorry you didn't get the position you wanted. However, I do hope that you get this one - or one that is even better suited to you - in the very near future. A steady paycheck is nothing to scoff at, and the tuition alone makes it worthwhile.

Good luck, mama! I'm crossing my fingers for you :)

5:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home